Embracing an interdisciplinary approach, a balance between child-selected and child-designed activities, and teacher-developed and teacher-guided activities is included throughout the day. This combination affords each child the opportunity to explore individual interests while gaining exposure to a wider variety of ideas. The link between these two elements is evident as the children incorporate new knowledge and skills throughout their play activities and the teachers integrate the children’s interests into the units of study.
All curricular decisions are guided by the data collected during careful observations of the children. The data include the children’s interests, talents, and levels of development in each domain. These observations help the teachers in developing meaningful responses to the children’s play, selecting appropriate interdisciplinary themes, and facilitating problem solving activities.
- To provide a warm, caring, responsive environment that fosters a sense of security, acceptance, and belonging.
- To provide children with a conceptual knowledge of the world around them that can serve as a foundation for further understanding.
- To facilitate the development of higher-thinking skills necessary to become critical thinkers and problem solvers.
- To further the development of the children’s social interaction skills.
- To encourage the growth of the children’s physical development and coordination.
All teachers on the teaching staff have experience with, and a genuine love for working with children. Some are teachers at Baby Moves, Go Pop Kids or at other independent schools. Others are professional artists, actors, and dancers who have years of experience sharing their creativity with children.